Part 3: The Top 10 Traits of the Most Successful Sales Leaders
As we wrap up this topic, I hope this has given you some food for thought to consider how you can leverage your strength and strengthen any other areas.
The TOP 10 TRAITS of the BEST SALES LEADERS:
1. They INSPIRE others
2. They BUILD RELATIONSHIPS with others
3. They consistently COACH and DEVELOP others
4. They CREATE ACCOUNTABILITY SYSTEMS for their teams
5. They COMMUNICATE consistently and frequently
6. They DRIVE SALES and PROFIT
7. They're Masters of TIME MANAGEMENT
8. They Stack their team with top TALENT:
- They set their standards high and don't "settle".
- They know the key talents to look for to hire strong sales rock stars.
- They know that interviewing is a skill that requires focus and practice.
- They place the right people in the right jobs.
- They have systems in place, so they're always recruiting.
9. They lead with a SERVANT mindset:
- They care about their team members success, even above their own.
- They connect with their team members on a personal level and understand their goals and purpose.
- They make their team the heroes, and they allow the team to shine.
- They're less concerned with being "the boss" and more concerned about the team's success.
- They create an environment where people enjoy working and thrive.
- They collaborate to find solutions.
- They take ownership when things go wrong.
10. They VALUE LEARNING:
- They're growth-oriented.
- They're life-long learners with a desire to improve their skills and grow their knowledge.
- Even though they may be at the top of their game, they're open to new ideas.
- They're adaptable and willing to try new strategies and skills.
- They welcome feedback and coaching.
- They're always reading or listening to a podcast that will keep their mind challenged.
- They enjoy learning not just professionally, but personally too.
In our Sales Leadership Academy Program, 9 Steps to Leading a Rock Star Sales Team, we go in depth on all of these topics and more. If you or someone you know would like to learn more, visit: http://www.kathytuckercoaching.com. A new Group Masterclass starts in May, contact me at email@example.com for more info and to get on the VIP list.
PS. If you know a sales leader who would enjoy this, please share.
PPS. If you're new to my writing and would like to receive my weekly blog, sign up here: https://mailchi.mp/5cdcfd058197/kathytuckercoaching
Kathy is a corporate Homebuilding Sales Leader turned Sales and Leadership Coach. She started in new home sales, worked many years as VP of sales, working her way up to Division President of a national homebuilder. In 2018, instead of retiring, she founded Kathy Tucker Coaching & Consulting to help builders and real estate companies develop top producing sales teams and brilliant sales leaders who foster a healthy, high-performance sales culture.
The Sales Leadership Academy: A 12-week Leadership Program: 9 Steps to Leading a Rock Star Sales Team. Offered weekly in a 1:1 or a Masterclass setting. Next program starts in May.
Virtual Sales Training Workshops: The Art of Selling New Homes
1:1 Coaching for Sales Professionals and Sales Leaders